Last updated: 16 August 2020
1. Collection of Information
- Personal Information: “Personal information” includes your name, email address, phone number, gender, date of birth, country of residence, address, nationality, education level, salary information, work experience and all information shared by you that is not publicly available. Occasionally, Ergon may collect additional personal information and/or data from you in connection with surveys, or special offers.
- Log Information: We log information relating to your use of our services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited immediately before navigating our services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer you use to access our services, including the hardware model and the operating system and version.
- Location Information: We may collect information relating to the location of your device each time you access, use one of our websites, or otherwise consent to the collection of this information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information and this may include sending cookies to your computer. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in your device memory that helps us improve our services and your experience, such as information relating to the areas and features of our services that are popular and visit counts. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our services or emails to track count visits or to understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
This information may be collected by us for various purposes, including , among others, analyse and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and other websites and better understand your online activity. Our Policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, cookies, web beacons or other tracking technologies applied by third parties and we encourage you to check the privacy policies of these third parties to learn more about their privacy practices.
2.Use of Information
We use the information that you collect from you from time to time for various purposes, including to:
- provide, maintain and improve our services;
- provide services you request, process transactions and to determine other relevant information we should provide you with;
- send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- communicate with you regarding our service;
- monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities in connection with our services; and
- personalize for you and improve our services.
By accessing and using our services, you consent to the processing and transfer of your information within, to and/or from Hong Kong and other countries as our services may require.
3.Sharing of Information
We may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- where circumstances require us sharing your personal information with third party vendors and other service providers acting on our behalf;
- where it is our reasonable belief that it is necessary for us to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, court order or governmental request; or to protect us, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities;
- where it is necessary to disclose your personal information in order to perform or enforce applicable user agreements or policies, including our Terms of Service; or ,
- in connection with any merger, sale or financing involving all or part of our assets.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information based on your personal information but which does not directly identify you.
4.Profiling and Automated decision making
We may use the personal information and data relating to your usage of our services which we have collected through this website in order to
- create or update your profile(s)
- evaluate your choice, preferences and behaviour.
We may also apply automated tools like algorithms, which may be provided by third parties, in creating your profile(s).
Automated decision-making means the making of a decision or determination (including those that would have implications on your user experience ) solely by technological means, without any human intervention.
This website may make decisions or determinations using your personal data entirely or partially based on automated processes. This website adopts automated decision-making processes in so far as it may be necessary, or on the basis of the your explicit consent, where such consent is required by the law.
Automated decisions are made by using technological means, mostly based on algorithms subject to predefined criteria, which may also be provided by third parties.
The rationale behind the automated decision making is:
- to enable or otherwise improve the decision-making process;
- to grant you a fair and unbiased treatment based on consistent and uniform criteria;
- to reduce the potential harm derived from human error, personal bias and the like which may potentially lead to discrimination or imbalance in the treatment of individuals etc.
5.Links to Other Websites
When you gain access to this mobile app via your LinkedIn or Google account, you are deemed to have agreed (i) to the terms of this Policy, and (ii) that any personal information which you have provided to these networking tools may be obtained by Ergon and be used by Ergon and its authorized persons in and outside of your country for the purpose of providing services and marketing materials to you (except where express consent is required by law).
This Policy is only applicable to the use of our website. You are reminded that this Policy does not cover nor does it protect any such of your personal information and data that may be exposed on other websites or mobile applications, other than our mobile application, and Ergon is not responsible for any such losses, expenses of damages resulting from the use of your personal information on such other websites or mobile applications . You are strongly recommended to refer to the privacy policies of such other websites or mobile applications before using them.
Should you have any enquiries relating to this Policy, please email us at email@example.com